Thursday, July 2, 2009

Six Years

At this time of the year, winter sports dominate my working life. I do hundreds of team photos, from all parts of the province, and into some other areas as well. I do get to see a game every now and then. I went to this game between St. Kevin's College Second's and South Otago High Second's because one of our sons, Michael Lamont, locks the scrum for St. Kevins. In the above photo, he is just about to get the ball in the line out. Though the boy on the right has his hand in front, Michael was able to take the ball with two hands, so win it. Both players are being lifted, and for me it seems a long way up.
Michael is sixteen, and most of this team are around that age. They enjoy this game, because there is a position in the team for anyone who wants to play. Big tall people, short, slow, fast, heavy, light, it makes no difference, there is a position in the team for you. In my next post, I will explain the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment