Wednesday, July 15, 2009

50 years of life

In the above photo, Rob is about to cut into one of the Chef's cakes. He is celebrating his 50th birthday, and two hours before this photo was taken had no idea he was going to have a party. A well organised surprise by his wife Gill meant he knew nothing and suspected less. It was a surprise to me as well, and I am pleased I did not email him birthday greetings earlier in the day.
Rob says the first 50 years have been 'interesting', and thinks that he will be happy if the next 50 were not quite so interesting.
I noticed that though the cake was not quite finished when we left, we were not allowed to take home what was left.
We have all been invited to assemble again in 10 years time for a replay. I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment