Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Prize winning Photo

There is no photo published with this post. There is a photo though.
I do not enter photo competitions. I have judged a few, but never enter them. Mostly the contests around here are for amateurs only, though many are won by people who derive some income from photography. So I was a bit chuffed to get an email today telling me that I had won the 'Rugby photo of the Year' with Leslie Rugby. If you want to know more about the Leslies and Rugby, just type it into google. There is heaps there. Anyway, Leslie Rugby Ltd runs coaching clinics, help for clubs, and supplies balls, tee shirts and equipment for clubs throughout the country. They are based in Dunedin, New Zealand.
To see the winning photo, go to www.leslierugby.co.nz and look at the last page of the November 08 newsletter. The whole Newsletter is interesting to those with an interest in Rugby, so you can read it all.
I had taken one photo of this team already, and had left the camera to adjust something, went back to the camera just as a door to the side opened, and as I took the next photo this happened. It has been edited. If you want to see the original, you should visit the club rooms at the Lawrence Rugby Club. It is on the wall. It would be one of the most 'off the wall' photos I have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment