Monday, October 27, 2008

Shirley Club

Over the last weekend I was privileged to be able to take photos at the New Zealand's 2nd Shirley Club mini Convention.The above photo is of a group of people whose first name is Shirley. And if you take a close look at it, you will see that this name is not restricted to females.
Some people travelled a long way to be here, there were a few from West Australia, a bigger group from various parts of Queensland, in fact it would be fair to say that all parts of the two countries were represented. They had a great time, in fact considering that they have nothing in common except their names, they got on very well.
From a photographers point of view, there were a few differences. When I asked Shirley to move a bit to the left, the whole lot went. On the other hand I did not have to learn any other names. As soon as I got them all into position, they burst into song, and were as good as any choir I have heard.
This convention was organised by four local Shirleys, Bell, Morait, McGregor and Marsden. They made a very good job of it.
I am angling to get a free trip to Perth next year for the next convention, and as there may be 200 plus at that, it may well be worth going.
Thanks for having me, Shirley and Shirley etc. Have a good trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment