Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bye Bye Birdie

Each year at about this time, the Alexandra Musical Society puts on a stage show. It runs during our Blossom Festival week. For some years I have been privileged enough to do the photos for the program, and this year the Society did 'Bye Bye Birdie', a musical that with my limited knowledge in the subject, I had never heard of before. I go into the hall and do action shots on stage as well, during the dress rehearsal. The advent of digital makes this much easier, as it gives me access to a wider range of ASA settings, so I can handle the rapidly changing lights. Some scenes were quite dark, and despite what is said on all the forums about Nikon being not so good at the higher ASA ratings, I do get some good shots. I am not sure about this one as it posted itself while I as opening it.
The Musical Society can be proud of it's record over the last 50 odd years, and this year was no exception. I can not find one person who did not describe the show as 'brilliant', and two of my children who went last night were very enthusiastic about it. For a town this size we do very well. We can bring in the odd expert to help, and this year's producer was Karen Elliot, who is very motivating and enthusiastic. Siale Tunoka played one of the lead rolls to a very high standard, and I think this helped settle everyone else into their rolls.
A very funny and enjoyable night out.
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment