Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Haka

I took this photo while in Nelson recently. The event was the Under 15 years Rugby tournament, and the boy on the right leading the Haka for his school, St.Kevin's College, is one of my sons, Michael. He made a good job of it, and the Haka from this school was the most impressive of all. I am unsure as to why they were allowed to do it only on the last game. While the Haka was impressive, the rugby they played was not of such a standard, and Michael's team did not win a game. However, the team saw some parts of the country they had not seen before, and I am sure they all learned something about attitude and how it affects one's game.
I like this photo as it captures the 'challenge' in the body language, even to the stamping of the foot.
I was hoping to photograph members of this team scoring tries, but that will have to wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment