Monday, September 22, 2008

The Tree

My Cousin has sold her property, and all the family is shifting to Singapore for a few years. She has young children, and I suppose it will give them experience in a different culture. But this photo is the view from the lounge window, and I fear they will miss it. I remember when this tree was planted here, and it was touch and go for a few years if it would survive. It has been climbed over by many small children, including mine, and has lived.
Someone once painted a painting of a scene like this, just one tree in the middle of apparently nothing else. I do not remember who it was, but I know I have seen it.
The Nor'West arch above it is a common cloud formation here, and I am sure my cousin will miss that, too.
Safe travels, cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment