Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lions 3

Over the last couple of weekends, I have been taking photos at Lions conventions. The first was at Methven, in the Lions district 202J. In the above photo is Neil Blake, who is the District Governor, and Denis Brown, the District's secretary. They are ready to start the meeting.
Lions conventions are not all meetings. Later this day all turned up to a big party, the theme to which was 'White Gold'. It was amazing the different ways such a theme was portrayed, but most went dressed as cows or milk maids, or some other character related to the production of milk. There were even a couple of bulls there. It is tempting to put photos of this sort of thing on this blog, but I am a firm believer in the old adage 'what happens at convention stays at convention'. I can tell you that I start laughing when the first lot turn up, and don't stop all night. Many of the teams from various clubs have acts as well, and these are always funny.
I wish to thank Denis Brown for having me, Neil Blake for the invitation, and the members of the Methven Lions Club for your help. It was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment